Head of People - RCYTHQ0041
Cyted's mission is to revolutionise diagnostic methods to build a world where disease is prevented rather than treated. We focus on providing digital diagnostic infrastructure to drive the earlier detection of disease. Our technologies use artificial intelligence and novel biomarkers to unlock clinical insight and improve patient outcomes.
The Cyted group develops and deploys digital diagnostic services for research and clinical use. Our services are designed to dignify and empower, placing patients at the heart of our services.
Cyted is looking for an exceptional individual to support the business in all people matters. The role requires someone who is people-focussed, proactive and experienced at working in a fast-paced environment. The Head of People is responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing the people at Cyted. The role holder will lead Cyted’s delivery of employment law, people policy, processes, vision and strategy and will have oversight of all company HR matters.
The Head of People will develop and mentor a team of HR professionals who support Cyted in line with its strategic growth plan. They will collaborate with relevant senior team leaders and lead by example; striving to make a positive difference to the lives of our people, and doing this with professionalism, integrity and empathy.
This role is pivotal to Cyted’s inclusive and dynamic working culture and in making Cyted a great place to work. The Head of People reports to the Senior Director of Business Administration.
- Own staff lifecycle processes including onboarding, offboarding, employee changes, leaves of absences and compliance.
- Serve as a thought leader and advisor for leadership and management on equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Lead our staff policies and have oversight of all company staff matters.
- Work closely with our legal advisors to design and implement policies and procedures that ensure we support and engage our staff whilst remaining complaint with regulatory bodies.
- Plan and oversee payroll, working closely with the finance team.
- Champion staff engagement and wellbeing.
- Serve as an advocate for our staff, soliciting feedback and using that to enhance our working culture through staff experiences, benefits, events, learning & development, performance management and staff relations.
- Shape the recruitment cycle to be reflective of company culture and maximise our potential to attract the best candidates, including managing our brand positioning on all people-related platforms
- Ensure a focus on a can-do, customer-service focussed approach from the HR team.
Working pattern, location and salary:
The role is a full-time position with a standard 37.5 hour working week. The role holder may be required to work flexibly.
The Head of People will be based at the Cyted’s Head Office, WeWork, 50-60 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH and will need to visit other company sites.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up, the next leader in building integrated diagnostics by combining molecular biomarkers with digital solutions
- Perks at work scheme
- Free refreshments
Qualifications and background:
- Undergraduate degree.
- CIPD qualified
- Proven experience within a HR leadership role that has supported businesses in achieving their strategic goals; ideally within a commercially driven and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrable experience of using research, analysis and creativity to develop strategy.
- An understanding of employment law
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience running a team.
- Working in a high-volume, varied and fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to change.
- Working autonomously to guide a business through growth
- Overseeing high volume recruitment
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Tactful, diplomatic, empathetic, discreet.
- Strong team player.
- Coaching skills used to guide staff through complex people management challenges.
- A strong analytical mind with a consistent approach that others can trust and rely on.
- A visible, approachable and accessible presence.
- A proactive approach which enables you spot challenges and opportunities and tackle these with a flexible, open mind and an awareness of our organisational values.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions in relation to this role.