Head of Commercial
Cyted's mission is to revolutionise diagnostic methods to build a world where disease is prevented rather than treated. We focus on providing digital diagnostic infrastructure to drive the earlier detection of disease. Our technologies use artificial intelligence and novel biomarkers to unlock clinical insight and improve patient outcomes.
The Cyted group develops and deploys digital diagnostic services for research and clinical use. Our services are designed to dignify and empower, placing patients at the heart of our services.
Cyted is seeking an exceptional individual for the position of Head of Commercial. The Head of Commercial will lead Cyted’s commercial and contractual strategy and service delivery. They will be responsible for spearheading Cyted’s commercial growth by identifying opportunities, defining and developing value propositions, and evaluating risk.
The Head of Commercial will provide support to all company business development activities by developing a commercial plan which maximises our financial effectiveness, addresses market access issues and ultimately meets the needs of our customers. The role holder will identify and build key strategic relationships with relevant customers and stakeholders and will navigate the complexities of business and commercial negotiations.
The Head of Commercial will work collaboratively with colleagues across the company to drive continuous commercial improvement. They will be responsible for monitoring commercial performance and reporting to senior management and the Board on all commercial activity.
- Developing a commercial plan which maximises Cyted’s financial effectiveness, addresses market access issues and ultimately meets the needs of our customers.
- Define and develop value propositions in collaboration with colleagues.
- Identify opportunities and build key strategic relationships with relevant customers and stakeholders.
- Manage the commercial function through all stages – bid, negotiation, contract, procurement, paying particular attention to the complexities of business and commercial negotiations.
- Work with colleagues throughout the company to ensure the commercial delivery of services.
- Work with the stakeholders and develop pricing and commercial frameworks for bids to ensure value optimisation and meet customer deliverables.
- Provide support to all business development activities in line with company procedures, evaluating risks and opportunities and providing commercial input to highlight risks.
- Monitor commercial performance and report to senior management and the Board on all commercial activity.
- Ensure all contract documents are thoroughly reviewed and executed prior to project commencement.
- Develop and mentor a commercial team.
- Work with business development and finance teams on business planning processes to ensure that financial outcomes are achieved and maximised, ensuring cost models are accurate and maintained.
- Ensure all commercial activities are carried out in compliance with relevant quality standards.
- Facilitate regular two-way discussions and reviews with the Operations team, ensuring the team has full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the projects.
- Ensure decisions taken are clearly communicated and that relevant individuals have clear guidance to enable successful outcomes.
- Manage the performance and success of customer relationships and identify opportunities for growth.
- Responsible for commercial risk management through review procedures and contract negotiations.
Working pattern, location and salary:
The role is a full-time position with a standard 37.5 hour working week. The role holder may be required to work flexibly.
The Head of Commercial will be based at the Cyted’s Head Office, WeWork, 50-60 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH. The Head of Commercial may need to visit other company sites when and if required.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year, plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Share options
- Personal development budget
- Health, dental, hearing and eye insurance
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- Perks at work scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free refreshments
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up, the next leader in building integrated diagnostics by combining molecular biomarkers with digital solutions
Qualifications and background:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Accountancy, legal or comparable training/qualifications would be advantageous
- Strategic commercial experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable experience of commercial and customer relationship management.
- Thorough knowledge of business assurance / risk management systems.
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch, launch and post-launch management.
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Extensive experience of contract and commercial negotiations.
- In-depth knowledge of pricing, costing and creation of financially robust models.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Clear and effective communicator who instils confidence at all levels.
- Strong strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills.
- Strong leadership skills to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long-term needs & constructively resolve issues.
- Effective cross-functional & cross-market project team leadership and influencing skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player who has the ability to successfully influence others and creates win-win solutions.
- Ability to approach problems top down (i.e. think strategically and see the big picture) and bottom up (i.e. engage with the detail) and combine the two in order to create innovative commercial solutions.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions in relation to this role.