Executive Assistant to CEO - RCYTHQ0038
Cyted's mission is to revolutionise diagnostic methods to build a world where disease is prevented rather than treated. We focus on providing digital diagnostic infrastructure to drive the earlier detection of disease. Our technologies use artificial intelligence and novel biomarkers to unlock clinical insight and improve patient outcomes.
The Cyted group develops and deploys digital diagnostic services for research and clinical use. Our services are designed to dignify and empower, placing patients at the heart of our services.
The Executive Assistant provides executive support to the CEO. They will also provide some executive support for other members of the senior management team as required. The Executive Assistant is a primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management team. The role holder will organise and coordinate executive outreach, assist with external relations and oversee special projects. They will use their outstanding communication, administrative and organisational skills to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will be required to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. They will work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule creates win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time.
- Provides some executive support for senior management team members as required.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members and others.
- Researches, prioritises, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal teams.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, many of which will have organisational impact.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Attending meetings and providing the full secretarial services required (eg minutes, agendas etc).
Working pattern, location and salary:
The role is a full-time position with a standard 37.5 hour working week. The role holder may be required to work flexibly.
The Executive Assistant to CEO will be based at the Cyted’s Head Office, WeWork, 50-60 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH and may need to visit other company sites if and when required.
Salary in the range of £40,000 to £49,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year, excluding public holidays
- Pension scheme
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up, the next leader in building integrated diagnostics by combining molecular biomarkers with digital solutions
- Perks at work scheme
- Free refreshments
Qualifications and background:
- Undergraduate degree or above (or equivalent) in any field
- Secretarial qualifications (desirable)
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior administrative position.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting C-level executives.
- Handling confidential data with discretion.
- Creation of complex documentation.
- Customer service focussed experience, ideally in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and team oriented.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with stakeholders, including staff, Board members and external partners.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player but with the ability to be extremely effective independently
- Calm and unflappable with a can-do attitude and a friendly, approachable personality.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in relation to this role.